Friday, November 21, 2008

attack of the bee

Yesterday after I picked up Paige from school, I stopped to talk to one of the other moms. We were deep in conversation talking about outfits for the Christmas Program when we heard a scream come from the back seat.

It was not a normal "I've about had it sitting in this car seat while you two chat, so you better do what's good for you and head home" scream. It was definitely a pain inflicted scream.

So I jump out and open the door next to Brooke's car seat where I find her clutching her right hand in desperation.

And then I see it. THE STINGER.

I try to calmly, but firmly hold her hand while I pry that little thing out of her finger.

Because this has never happened to either of my girls, I have no idea if she is allergic so I unbuckle her and head for the school nurse's office where she promptly applied an ice pack, sticker and a lots of TLC.

Luckily she's fine, but boy howdy was there some drama. And of course, being the good mom that I am, I make her pose for pictures before the tears have even dried.

See the tear?
Photobucket

The finger.
Photobucket

It was absolutely awful!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Margie said...

I am amazed she didn't kill that bee with one of her famous looks! ;)