Monday, February 2, 2009

knifty knitter

Hi. My name is Alexandra. It's been 2 weeks since my last blog post. I blame Facebook. And exercise. And my kids. And knitting. (yup, you read correctly)

I'm trying to counteract my teenage tendancies with an elderly activity. And I'm pretty good. And I overuse the word and.

Here's my first creation.
Photobucket
It only took a couple hours. And, wow it's addictive.

Here's my next project: a prop for a newborn session I have coming up in the next week.
Photobucket

I've been coveting the baby cocoons on etsy, but not so much the price. So, I headed over to the WalMartz and picked up a knifty knitter. It's totally knitting for dummies, but I rarely do things the hard way. WM is pretty limited on yarn selection, so I picked the best of the bunch and went to work. The next day I was at JoAnn's with my handy coupon and got the cool rainbow yarn for the cocoon.

While at JoAnn's P and I found these cool heart glasses and decided they would be perfect for her class valentine's card. This isn't the photo I used (you'll have to wait for that one!) but I thought it was cute anyway!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Holly said...

Are we twins? Are you my long lost sister? Where have I been? Knitting...making my own baby props...going to JoAnns and Michael's almost daily...buying those EXACT SAME HEART GLASSES for Savannah...crocheting...quilting...ugh, you should see my house!

alexandra said...

I WISH we were sisters!!! I would love to craft with you and Tressa!

jeannemae said...

You MUST teach me to knit. Seriously....you can stop laughing. I have this burning urge to learn something elderly/domestic and I bought some knitting book but I need to watch someone. It's like fate I tell you. :)