Tuesday, October 7, 2008

as seen on tv

Paige is a marketer's dream. Every time one of those commercials for the "as seen on tv"-type products comes on she stops what she's doing and listens intently as the likes of Billy Mays imparts some brilliant nuggets of wisdom about the latest time/money saver.

She saves up all this information and waits for the right sales opportunity to come along.

As I'm buying bananas at the grocery store: "We should get some of those green bags like on tv so our bananas don't turn brown. And our carrots will be crunchy and not bendy."

As I am watering our houseplants: "You should get those glass balls that water your plants for you! I'm going to ask Daddy for some money so I can get them for your birthday."

And my favorite, as we're watching the nutrisystem commercial: "That's what you can use to lose weight!"

Been there, done that, honey.

Of course this all comes from the same child who can't remember to put on shoes before we leave the house.

1 comment:

CC said...

I too am constantly amazed at the things they commit to memory immediately. Meanwhile I find myself telling other adults "yes what" b/c little boys seem forget yes maam and yes sir routinely.

How can this be?