Tuesday, July 8, 2008

reduce, reuse, recycle

One other fun thing I got to do in Mesa was browse some of the shops downtown. I came across this boutique (I guess I've outted myself as to the source for my blog name, lol) and fell in love. I would move in there if I could. It was so me. One of my favorite pieces was a centerpiece on a dining table in the front window. It, however, came with a price tag of nearly $500. I took mental notes and decided to try to pull it off myself.

So, I stalked Hobby Lobby until the pieces I needed were 50% off. I started with this:
Photobucket

then added pieces from my old centerpiece
Photobucket

then used some of these from my kitchen
Photobucket

and finally added a few of these from the side table
Photobucket

and ended up with THIS!
Photobucket

It was easy-peasy and cheap!

Please consider this as my contribution to the environmental movement.

1 comment:

CC said...

Very impressive, and yes it does seem to be sooo you!