Thursday, July 24, 2008

idhtbptbb

I came across The Nester about 3 months ago. I immediately fell in love with her style and straight-forward approach to decorating. No complicated patterns or long lists of supplies. She is the ultimate McGyver of crafts. Her "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful" mantra is something I need to apply to more than just decorating.

I knew I wanted to attempt one of her window mistreatments, so I started with my kitchen window.

Photobucket

She was right! It was easy AND beautiful!!!! (did I mention cheap???)

Note: Please be careful when mistreating your windows. It is very addicting. Trust me, you'll be looking for naked windows everywhere. Even in other people's homes. It's a sickness, I know.

So, a few weeks ago I went to JoAnn's during their 4th of July sale. I was looking in the decorator fabric section for some fabric to use on my living room windows. That's when I found this:

Photobucket

In the clearance section.

And it had a red dot.

This thick, gorgeous designer fabric was marked down from $27 a yard to...wait for it...$4.50!!!! Wheee!!

I snatched up all that was left. Unfortunately there was not as much as I had hoped, so they don't reach all the way to the floor, but idhtbptbb.

I would still like to eventually add a fringe to the edge, but I had them put together in about 10 minutes. Justin hung the curtain rods for me (cuz he's handy like that) and TADA!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And do you know what the best part is?? I finally get to add this to my blog!!!





Thanks Nester for all of your inspiration and generosity! If you're ever in Texas, we'll make a run to Hobby Lobby together!

My next Nester project is going to be this. I just have to work up the courage to cut up the girls' old baby clothes first.

11 comments:

The Nester said...

Alexandra!

Wow! What a fantastic price on that lush fabric!! I especially love it next to the deer head!! Actually, i love stuffed animals like that on the wall. We have an antique gun that I have been wanting to display someplace!

I'm so proud of you and yes, you are a proud member of the mistreatment club!

In a few weeks we are gonna have a big mistreatment party where we link up and show our mistreatments--this will be perfect!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Oh I just love your kitchen window mistreatment--so pretty! Love those topiaries too...where did you get them?

~ Sarah

alexandra said...

Thanks Sarah! I got them at JoAnn's.

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

That is some great fabric. But I have to laugh at the deer head next to your fabric. Got love the men in our lives.

Anonymous said...

It looks so awesome!!! What a great job!

Darlene said...

Both of your mistreatments look FABULOUS!! Great job and a definite great price on the last one!!

Kimba said...

Those look fantastic! I love the fabric and what an unbelievable bargain!

The fabric that I used for the mistreatments that I showed today came to me the same way. I had been eyeing it for a while but it was $25/yard. Waaaaaay to much. I went in over the weekend and it was marked down to $9/yard. Then it had a red dot so it was another 50% off. $4.50/yard baby!!!!! I bought 4 yards and they still had more. I should have bought it all. Dummy!

Aja Jenise said...

oh my goodness... I am GREEN!! Cause that fabric is GOR-GEOUS!! I am going to go work off some steam over that one... no really your mistreatment there is quite the inspiration!

Aja
SE Kansas

Tabitha said...

WOW! That fabric is fab!! Well done!! Your house looks lovely, thanks for sharing!!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE the JOAnn fabric! Im in Texas too and Hobby Lobby is my 2nd home!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

I am totally in love with your $4.50/yard fabric and the beautiful creation you made with it. I noticed the damask design..feel free to come take a peek at the damask design we are stinciling on my daughter's walls. Lots of fun. : )

M.L.@ http://thehouseofwhimsy.blogspot.com